Wednesday 1 October 2008

I was advised to do this!

I've been studying for many years now. To be honest I am getting sick of it. I mean, fair enough, if I was doing a course I wanted to do and enjoying the company of my peers then I guess I wouldn't.

I'm still at school. Maybe I should have gone to a local college where I would have met new people, but to be honest I thought I was safer at my current school Greenwood Dale. I never really had the ambition to find out about local colleges. I didn't look around.. I firmly set my sights on sixth form. I basically set myself for two more years of kids scurrying around me, and (lets face it) pointless conversations in the bistro that led absolutely nowhere. There are only a handful of people that I regularly talk to, and for this reason I can't wait to get to University.

At University I plan on studying Journalism. I was advised to either write a blog or do some work experience at a local newspaper. I've sent an e-mail to the head of sixth form describing how I would like to do some work experience. I did this because my Media teacher said that she (head of sixth form) has contacts at the Evening Post. As of now (1st Oct) she still hasn't forwarded it... So I began this blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment