Saturday 11 October 2008

Big Sam for Forest?

I've heard rumours, or seen rumours that Sam Allardyce is on the verge of becoming the manager of Nottingham Forest, that's if they sack Calderwood. I understand why Forest would go for this option. He had good success with Bolton, managing them to the top half of the Premier League and the Uefa Cup. He was also, at one point, considered for the England role.

However, he didn't get the England job, instead Steve McClaren got the post. After leaving Bolton, he had a short break from the game, where after he joined Newcastle United. The Newcastle fans are passionate, and enjoy their team playing attacking football. In my time supporting Forest, I've come to realise that we also (me included) like to see Forest attacking, not defending.

image image

I believe that if Allardyce becomes manager at Forest, the style he would have the players playing will not be sufficient for the Forest fans. We have to respect him for what he did with Bolton, but I would like Colin Calderwood to be given more time to resurrect the situation that Forest are currently in. Give him until maybe December to get the team playing, and if it still isn't happening, think about a replacement...

No comments:

Post a Comment