Friday 10 October 2008

Big Cat Live

After watching Eastenders one night, possibly on Tuesday, I decided to continue watching BBC1. Big Cat Live was on, a show where wildlife lovers watch lions/tigers/cheetahs etc. I expected to see them sleeping, but I was so mistaken.

The show was action packed. The way the cheetahs pursued their prey was immense, and the lions were massive. This is the first real time I'd watched a wildlife program, meaning it was interesting to see how these predators lived. It was also a very relaxing show to watch. The apparently traumatic lifestyles of these animals makes you realise that your life isn't so bad. I mean, I'm not having to fend off lions every step that I walk, every day that I live.

There was one moment where a lion was walking around the 4x4, marking it, checking it was ok. I wondered what would happen if the lion was to jump onto the vehicle... What would the guy do?

image

A peculiar thing about the show was the fact that one of the cheetahs was called Shakira. I guess the thing that kept me hooked for the first fifteen minutes or so was this. I kept on repeating 'The cheetah's called Shakira!' I couldn't get over it. There was one particular funny moment where one of the wildlife experts said 'Shakira.. she's the girl.. she really is!' I certainly agree with this.

image

Now that's the third time I've come across the name Shakira!

No comments:

Post a Comment